Bacon Bandit Games
Based in Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The grim reapers Grimm and Rose need your help to defeat a legion of monsters, ghosts, and evil bunnies using the power of words! Letter Quest Remastered is the remake of the Bacon Bandits' first game, now with an endless mode, new soundtrack, and fully animated monsters!
We've been working really hard to bring out a new, updated version of Letter Quest, called Letter Quest Remastered! The original Letter Quest was written in Adobe Air with Stage3D - we rewrote the entire game in Unity. Now we can support Windows, Mac, and Linux! We've also added an endless mode, a brand new soundtrack, animated enemies, and much more! Letter Quest Remastered is free for all existing owners of Letter Quest on Steam.
- New ENDLESS MODE - choose your favorite background art, music, character, weapon, and letter tiles and see how long you can survive!
- 60 achievements!
- Fully animated enemies and shopkeepers
- A brand new soundtrack in addition to the original music - choose your favorite!
- Fully rewritten in Unity, allowing for a smoother experience, better resolution options, higher-quality music and sound effects, and much more!
- Tooltips during battle
- Keyboard support - type words as you find them
- Full touch support - works great on Microsoft Surface Pro and touchscreen laptops!
- A built-in dictionary of over 192,000 English words that is frequently updated
- Leaderboards, achievements, Steam Cloud support, and trading cards
Official Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "a really solid word game/RPG experience"
- Adam Fimio, indiegamereviewer.com
- "fun, challenging, and addicting"
- Aaron Sirois, diehardgamefan.com
- "Letter Quest takes word games to a whole new level"
- Pat Servin, brashgames.co.uk
- "I cannot recommend Letter Quest: Grimm’s Journey enough"
- , icxm.net
- "Letter Quest: Grimm’s Journey Remastered is not one to miss"
- Lucy, indiemarathon.com
- "Don't be surprised to find that Grimm has stolen your heart"
- D1amond74, xboxoneuk.com
- "gives plenty of content and is a great value"
- Travis Patterson, gamerheadlines.com
- "packed full of things to keep players interested"
- by Gabs Tanner, gamersftw.co.uk
- "a great wordplay game that I’ll happily keep on playing"
- Sarah B., leviathyn.com
- "I’m thoroughly enjoying it, and plan on continuing to play it in the coming days"
- LibrariaNPC, stickybunton.wordpress.com
- "Highly recommended."
- Chris Chandler, gamingwithswag.com
- "cute, accessible, and smart, and I give it major props"
- NJ, theoblivianstudios.com
- "Letter Quest is a fun, educational and re-playable game that’s worthy of your attention"
- Leigh Walker, darthkyl0.wordpress.com
- "Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey is a very entertaining mix between a spelling game and a turn-based RPG"
- Catalin Chelariu, mac.softpedia.com
- "a really great game"
- Jérémie Tessier, jeremietessier.com
- "slick new enemy animations, soundtrack and an endless mode"
- Elisabeth "Elsi" McArthur, getgamesreviews.wordpress.com
- "words and fun all mixed into one great experience"
- Jim Smale, gertlushgaming.co.uk
- "honestly one of the most memorable games I have reviewed"
- Edwin Velez, player2reviews.com
- "by far the best word game I have ever played"
- , indiegamelover.weebly.com
- "fantastic and tough to put down"
- Travis Blair, thezarf.com
- "a polished package, with nice clean vector art and a charming soundtrack"
- Audish, goldplatedgames.com
- "you will not be disappointed"
- Bryan, supergen.tv
- "makes spelling fun and creative"
- , 1brokegamergirl.wordpress.com
- "Letter Quest Remastered is a joyous game"
- Louise Biddle, consoleob.com
- "filled to the brim with content"
- , nintendolife.com
- "a delightful adventure with a true sense of self accomplishment"
- Bryan, leveldowngames.com
- "a real winner!"
- , gameliner.nl
- "a very fun mix of a word game and an RPG"
- EdEN, ps3blog.net
- "a worthy purchase for players of any age"
- Craig M, Mature Xbox Gaming
- "a highly addictive game"
- EdEN, ps4blog.net
- "a great puzzle-RPG hybrid that feels genuinely fresh and unique"
- Dylan Chaundy, vitaplayer.co.uk
- "Highly addicting with great replay value!"
- Master Materia, rectifygaming.com
- "an enjoyable and intellectual delight"
- deathskitten, thevitalounge.net
- "learn how surprisingly fun spelling can be"
- Paul Acevedo, windowscentral.com
- "more than worth the asking price"
- Erin Jenison, the-backlog.net
- "an abundance of content and customization features, a sweet soundtrack and simple controls"
- Erin Soares, cogconnected.com
- "makes it easy to pour hours and hours of your time into"
- , pressplaynews.wordpress.com
- "the game play is insanely addicting"
- Sara Gitkos, deadicatedfans.com
- "there is more value to be found here than in many sixty dollar titles"
- Jason Bohn, hardcoregamer.com
- "It’s an easy recommendation"
- Tyler H, invertedaccess.com
- "a charming RPG"
- Nelmano, punkandlizard.com
- "addictive stuff"
- Matt Sainsbury, digitallydownloaded.net
- "an addictive little game"
- , news-gazette.com
- "really fun to play"
- I Play PS Vita, iplaypsvita.com
- "one of the best family friendly puzzlers on the PS4 and PS Vita"
- Josh Brant, playstationenthusiast.com
- "puts many recent AAA titles to shame"
- , gbhbl.com
- "you’re going to have a blast"
- Amy, gamesfiends.com
- "highly recommend giving Letter Quest a go"
- Megan Walton, PressA2Join
- "a fantastic way to treat your brain to something far more substantial than the latest action blockbuster"
- Ross Edwards, sentinelandenterprise.com
- "a fantastic game"
- Cloud, xboxtavern.com
- "we love Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey"
- Matt Paddock, gamevortex.com
- "a truly engaging and addictive title"
- Kim, gamespew.com
- "a tough and rewarding puzzle game"
- Levi van Tine, games.highdefdigest.com
- "a very enjoyable experience for everyone"
- Lucas Fox, justpressstart.net
- "a game I've found myself getting pretty addicted to"
- Only Toe Knee, tkhonestxboxreviews.blogspot.ca
- "Letter Quest is a fantastic puzzle game"
- Tewituu, TEWi Tuu
- "so much fun!"
- Galit Gordon, gamingcypher.com
- "What surprised me most about Letter Quest Remastered is the sheer amount of content here"
- Ron Burke, gamingtrend.com
- "an essential purchase, seriously addictive"
- jamiereloaded23, thehiddenlevels.com
- " It's almost as good as pizza!"
- Jason Venter, honestgamers.com
- "There is plenty of gameplay here"
- Sashi B Hirst, brashgames.co.uk
- "you’ll never encounter a shortage of word battles"
- Chad Goodmurphy, wegotthiscovered.com
- "brilliant for short or long play sessions alone or with the help from friends"
- DaeJim, lifeisxbox.eu
- "Letter Quest is a must buy that can be enjoyed by all ages"
- Carlos Santuana, thexboxhub.com
- "you'll get hours worth of enjoyment alongside Grimm"
- Adam Dileva, xboxaddict.com
- "I truly wouldn’t change a thing"
- Edwin Velez, player2reviews.com
- "I had a blast playing"
- Chris Roberto, theverticalslice.com
- "the way it plays is just fantastic and it will keep anyone entertained for hours at a time"
- Kirk Harper, novigamerreviews.weebly.com
- "a great addition to your games"
- XO-Colin, xboxoldies.com
- "a great game"
- Leigh Walker, xboxsector.com
- "one of those games that you tend to go back to time and time again"
- sty3ler06, sty3ler06.wordpress.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Letter Quest Remastered on Steam
Check out the game at store.steampowered.com.
About Bacon Bandit Games
Bacon Bandit Games is an independent game studio made up of two guys - Mark Smith and Jake Macher - that believe in making fun, accessible games for people of all ages. They like to make people smile, and their favorite thing to hear from players is “just one more game!”.
More information on Bacon Bandit Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Letter Quest Remastered Credits
Mark James Arthur Smith aka "codebandit"
Design, Development & Business, Bacon Bandit Games
Jake Macher aka "artbandit"
Design & Art, Bacon Bandit Games